Wednesday 4 May 2016

Rigging - 04/05/2016

Today I slept through my alarm and missed on watching Zootopia.

I forgot to bring the latest maya file for the rig back home but I had a previous one saved on my computer, with pretty much the entire rig finished.
So what I did today, in fact a few minutes ago was to pose my character using the rig I built for it and see if anything is wrong with it.

I realized that I will most likely lock the translations for the chest control(which is call shoulder controls lol) because since it is part of my ribbon spine it is quite stretchy and X-22 won't be doing those type of movements. I still have to paint skin weight X-22 (you can see some deformations on his feet) but it shouldn't take too long because the bind skin applied to it didn't cause a lot of crazy weight influences all over the mesh.

I plan to have this fully finished by saturday,mainly the skin weight influences and the hierarchy system(putting everything under the main control Maester)will also tryo to do some basic blendshapes(only doing it if I have enough free time tho), I would like to have at least one for when X-22 is breathing, so he's not just standing still but actually breathing.




No comments:

Post a Comment